Monday 4 January 2016

Day Four

I'm starting to get into the swing of things now. Today I tried nothing new, but rather ate at what snacks and food I had left in the house as I am homeward bound in the morning. It is then that I will be able to gather my body stats. 

I had a mango, kale and orange juice smoothie. However after some bad green smelling gas, I looked up that it's not wise to eat too much kale raw therefore I will keep it to 2-3 green smoothies a week in order to get my super food vitamin fix. This is due to kale, especially raw kale, being very difficult to digest - and on one site likened to the equivalent of rubbing cactus on your skin. 

I've been trying to eat more vegetables and trying to avoid overloading on fruit because although healthy and 100% natural, fruit is high in fructose- a very fast releasing sugar. Therefore I have a lot of fruit to take on the train home with me tomorrow in the form of a fruit salad. 

I have been very much enjoying my cashew nuts although I always do and did. I love those little kernels but am looking forward to my big mix bag of nuts at home in my cupboard. When I get home I will start routing through my vegan cookbooks and meal planning properly as I have had to improvise quite a lot whilst away. One snack I also enjoyed very much was dark chocolate covered rice cakes by Kallo. They're so delicious and a good alternative to biscuits. 

There is also a vegan cafe down my new high street which I am looking forward to trying out. Bring it on, day four and I'm still going strong. I hope to run again tomorrow as well as part of my training once I am home for 5k. I will update on whether this happens or not tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment