Monday 4 January 2016

Tips on Starting My Vegan Diet


I’ve been looking up tips and ordering starter packs from the likes of The Vegan Society in order to help me prepare for my journey.

I’ve found some interesting stuff that I think I will take on board:
 - Plan food and meal diary (This gives me the excuse to order more stationary from Kikki K)
 - Always have vegan snacks on you on the road because eating on the go is pretty challenging.
 - Don’t have rules about nutrition other than following a vegan diet, so no calorie counting or carbohydrate counting. (I don’t do this anyway.)
 - Give myself extra time to cook and explore food.
 - Keep a full kitchen stocked with foods to eat and cook.
 - Avoid convenience foods.
 - Go into it with an open mind.

I think these seem like pretty sound piece of advice for going vegan so I will plan to follow these in my journey. For now, I’m feeling pretty excited to start trying new foods so I’m going to go shopping and try out some snacks – in addition to finding out which snacks I can and can’t have. Finally, I need to hunt out a vegan protein shake – the best of them taste like crap so let’s see. This can be the challenge of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment