Monday 4 January 2016

Day One: Thoughts

Today is day one of the vegan challenge. It started well with a nice breakfast, a tasty lunch then some uhmm...questionable snacks and ahem...bad wind. I'm sorry but it needs to be mentioned seeing as I'm doing this as a nutritional experiment to see the nutritional effects on my body. I think however, and hope very much, that my body adapts my new diet my digestive system will hopefully improve to cope - otherwise I may just end up with no friends by the time it's over.



I haven't been able to measure my muscle and fat mass on the scales available to me at the moment, but my BMI is a sound 24. Although still healthy, it is a little too close to the overweight BMI of 25 for my liking. I'll re-weigh when I get home to get my fat and muscle masses, then again on the 1st february in order to see if the challenge has had any effects on my weight.

I think, due to the light nature of my meals I've been hungry for a lot of snacks. Although my list seems long, my portions were small-moderate. I think snacking is goign to be important with such bulky meals with low calories, however, this is fine as eating regularly suits me and my life style quite fine.

The Food Diary

Breakfast:
Dorset cereals fruit muesli with alpro soya milk
Banana
Coffee with alpro soya milk

Lunch:
Covent Garden slow roast tomato soup
Food Doctor multi-seed and cereal pittas

Dinner:
Ratatoullie with Baked Potatoe

Snacks:
Dark chocolate rice cakes
Alpro soya chocolate desert
Sesame sticks
Dried fruit bar
Apple
Moo Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment