Monday 4 January 2016

Eating on the High Street



Yesterday I faced the challenge of trying to get something to eat whilst out. I knew this would be a challenge, especially out of the big cities away from vegan cafés and restaurants. I was in the METRO centre in Newcastle, which is full of high street shops for square meters upon square meters. It's massive. I went to Marks and Spencer expecting to be able to pick up a superfood salad or something. Unfortunately I was mistaken, by 1 or 2 ingredients. They would've been great options as well, alas they had honey and milk derivatives in them.

The crucial question is, what did I walk away with for my late afternoon snacks?

A bag of pretzels, a fruit salad and a mix bag of cashews and raisins. It wasn't quite the superfood salad I'd been hoping for but having said that, the only unhealthy thing I came away with was pretzels - which were quite tasty in the guilt ridden salty way that pretzels are tasty. Although, having said that I'm not 100% sure why Americans love them SO much. I'm not displeased that I can eat them, but I'm not raving about them either.

As you can see from my food diary below, I was in a very chocolatey mood yesterday. It's a good job there are so many delicious chocolate treats that are vegan - or is it??

 The Food Diary

Breakfast: Muesli, with soy milk and banana. Coffee.

Lunch: Pitta with Houmous and cucumber.

Snacks:
Alpro soya chocolate pudding
Roo Bar - Inca berry flavour (delicious!!!)
Moo chocolate
Moo chocolate with raisins and nuts
Alpro soya chocolate milk
Pretzels
Fruit salad
Cashews and raisins

Dinner: Ratatoullie and pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment