Monday 4 January 2016

Smoothie Fun

Early this year my mum bought me a NutriBullet. I think this is going to be a key player in my vegan journey. Today I made a smoothie - although it turned out a bit too sweet and I could have done with my non-ripe avocado not going bad in the fridge in there, but there we go, such is the life of a natural diet. Natural foods have a natural shelf life.


I added mixed berries, banana, soya milk and banana - and I drank it in two goes. The mixed berries were good for Vitamin C which I need extra of at the moment seeing as I have a cough and cold. In addition to vitamin A for my mucus membranes reparation lining my respiratory tract, and folic acid which I am currently having to take supplements for at the moment. It will be good to get off the supplements that I can help through managing my diet better. I think smoothies are a good way of doing that in addition to helping with the digestion of fibre rich and difficult to digest foods as I have digestive difficulties also. Therefore they are an ideal method for me to get my vitamins and nutrients in a digestive system friendly manner.


I also went to Kikki. K - a wonderful stationary shop and bought a meal planner for when I start my journey. It has a handy magnetic strip at the back and so can sit at the top of my oven quite nicely. It's also beautiful looking, which is always a bonus in these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment