Monday 4 January 2016

Dorset Cereals

When in the supermarket last they didn't have my usual go-to breakfast cereal Oatibix (probably because no-one else seems to like the stuff but me) so I had a browse for cereals I could eat as an easy breakfast in the New Year when I start my experiment/challenge.

Unfortunately most granolas have honey in them, instead I need to find one with pure sugar molasses or agave nectar, which I think I did if I remember correctly, however instead I was more attracted to their simply fruity muesli with pineapple, papaya and sultanas.

I tried it this morning, with Alpro soya as I'm slowly adjusting to soya milk, and it was delicious. It was only 151 calories per 45g of cereal however, which is quite low therefore when I am having active days unless I have a banana and something else to bulk up my breakfast I would have a double portion to hit around the 300 calorie mark for a decent breakfast. However, if you're trying to lose weight, then this would be a great choice although a 45g serving is rather small, it is satisfying.

And I quite like the little motto when I opened the box. I thought to myself, "Hell yeah I'm most qualified at being myself" which was a nice morning thought on a morning recovering from the flu still.



No comments:

Post a Comment